Saturday, January 5, 2013

More catch-up

Isn't it crazy how December whooshes by us and then all of a sudden, it's January and cold. And we wonder what has happened. Briefly, the holidays were great with my family. Snow fell on Christmas Eve, so I stayed home and celebrated the next day.

On a sad note, my dear friend Peg passed away Christmas morning surrounded by her closest loved ones. She ferociously battled cancer for over two years. Hospice care was so helpful to her and her husband during the last few weeks. A celebration of Peg's life is planned for next weekend at her home. Peg was one of my go-to friends, especially for medical issues (she was a nurse). I will miss her very much. It is just plain hard to lose the people close to us.

I have taken some time to be with the loss of another friend and to be grateful for all my friends and family. I spent hours working on two huge 1000 piece jigsaw puzzles. Putting pieces together always gets my creativity going as well.

Today I plan to finish another marsh piece - with a deadline of Monday to enter an exhibition on Maryland Eastern Shore images. Hopefully, I'll have photos to post tonight or tomorrow.

That's it for now. Remember, it is only 75 days until the first day of spring. Blessings for your new year.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment