Saturday, July 13, 2013

1,000 miles

in eight days and still driving. Busy days - time at the beach with my son and his family - driving them home after their car broke down - road trip to go fetch the repaired car - glad I was able to help.

Today was another road trip to see the Sacred Threads exhibit in Herndon, VA. This is truly a wonderful exhibit. My Rootedness is hanging in lovely light (see below for the image). Many of the artists were there for the reception - I enjoyed talking with a number of them and hearing more about their quilts. I took lots of photos, but hesitate to publish them here without permission. Sacred Threads has a CD that can be purchased of the entire show with comments and many audio clips from the artists. I've emailed them to find the spot on their web page to order the CD and will publish that here. It is the next best thing to being there. It's an honor to be part of the exhibit.

Vikki Pignatelli was there autographing her new book, Nurture Your Creative Spirit. With all this driving lately, I need a restful evening and now I have a new book to read.

Tomorrow I will be leading a watercolor workshop at the St. Agnes Cancer Institute where we use watercolors as prayer. This is always uplifting for me - to be able to touch some folks and offer some fun.

Off to my reading. Thanks for stopping by. Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment