Thursday, December 10, 2015

#41, 42 and 43 -- A scarf and a surprise

The second half of the ice dyeing with the socks was a rayon circular scarf using imperial purple, fuchsia and brilliant blue. I ran out of ice, so this piece has more white than I would prefer. Nice outcome. I will wear it during the holidays.


Surprise -- interesting patterns appeared on the piece of fabric that I placed between the plastic grid and the socks and scarf -- a nice grid effect.


Of course, I had to play with getting more of that pattern. I made a double decker sandwich of plastic grid pieces and fabric and topped that with ice, then grape and cobalt dyes. Cool. I plan to do some larger pieces using this grid effect later. This piece is 10" x 20". On the left, you can see a bit of the circular grid used in one layer.


Tomorrow I'll share the charity pieces I did while taking a break from dyeing. I wanted to use some fabrics sitting alone and to make things to give away to brighten others' lives. What do you do for others during your holidays?
Peace, Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment