Sunday, January 24, 2016

Starting again

Whew, I took a long break from dyeing. There was Christmas, cookie making, a couple nasty infections, recovery time -- just like so many other people. Now, it's time to get moving again. I have been doing some free motion quilting on a large quilt. It's not ready for prime time, but it is coming along - finally.

And I returned to my dyeing project. I've started thinking about making a new quilt for my bed and want to think about the colors. So, I did a few ice dyes as tests for my quilt. Here they are:


Cobalt blue - maybe too dull.


I'm liking this grape.


Imperial purple is always nice, in my opinion.


Kelly green turned out too pale. May be overdyed.

And then we had a mammoth snow storm this past couple days. So, time to prepare some snow dyes.


For the above one, I used up some dyes that have been in the fridge for a bit. Below, I sprinkled dye powder on the snow.  I'll show results after the rinsing and washing.



I mixed new dye concentrates for these three. I'm up to #52.

Back to a bit of work hoping the snow plows will visit my street and parking lot.
Thanks for stopping by. 
Karen



No comments:

Post a Comment