Friday, October 12, 2012

I have been working

on a couple fronts - finishing some UFO's and enjoying the exercises in the Quilt University class I am taking. It's Elizabeth Barton's Working in a Series.

Last weekend, my friend Alice and I were vendors at a local quilt show, offering our hand dyed fabrics, shirts, scarves, socks and yardage. I always forget how much effort goes into vending at a show. We were both quite tired at the end.

I am enjoying the QU class, even though I am a week behind. If you ever need a boost, try a class with QU. They are reasonably priced, full of information and help, and the discussion forum is so rich. I have gathered links to many inspiring quilt artists, giving me ideas and much food for thought. I like that we can print out the lessons and don't have to take notes. This particular class came at the right time for me. Sometimes I go in too many directions - this is helping me focus on what I really want to do with my art. And I am developing some nice ideas into a series. More later on that.

OK, it's time to get the next lesson from QU and do a bit of work tonight.

Thanks for visiting,

Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment