Sunday, April 7, 2013

Busy from the ballet to the Peeps Show

and sewing in between. Last week began with a trip to the Kennedy Center in Washington D.C. with Abigail for her 16th birthday event. We saw the New York City Ballet perform excerpts from Carousel, a Philip Glass ballet and a series of waltzes. It was stunning. We were impressed with the Center and loved the performances. Here are some photos - first Abigail with a bust of JFK, then the grown-up shoes we chose a while ago, then the ceiling of the Opera House.
 


 
I always get nervous travelling to D.C., having gotten lost there numerous times. Our trip down was so easy and then I used my son-in-law's GPS for the trip home. It took us through the city, but got us home.

Yesterday, Abigail, her younger brother Josh and I went to see the annual Peep Show at the Carroll Arts Center. Not a burlesque show, but a creative explosion of things made with those marshmallow Peeps.  This year, this local show even got some national TV attention. Exciting! So many cool things to look at - here are some.

Of course, a purple people eater!

Around these two events was Easter. Again, I shared the Triduum with my Benedictine friends and was richly fed spiritually.

I've been working on a few small quilts for an exhibit in May and June in WV. This is another marsh scene. I'd like some feedback. I added the green shapes near the sky, intending them to be trees waiting for trunks. Now I'm not sure. Are they trees or mountains? What do you think?

Here's a related piece that I made for the Arts Council anniversary show. It's their 10th anniversary and they asked members to create a piece 10" x 10". Here's mine, similar to the one above that is larger.

Okay, time to get back to work and watch some NCIS episodes on DVD. I spent a bunch of time walking in the woods today in 65 degree weather -- AT LAST! Hope you are getting some spring in your area.

Karen




No comments:

Post a Comment