Monday, March 25, 2013

Back home

Busy weekend - lots of fun and lots of driving. The quilt retreat time was fun and productive. I made considerable progress on the color wheel challenge and almost came to like red-orange. Photos later.

On the way home (with a 40 mile side trip), I went to the monthly meeting of the art/contemporary bee with my other guild and saw some other color wheel challenge pieces in progress. Great stuff! Our twelve quilts will make a wonderful exhibit in August at the Guild's show.

And today it is snowing! Enough winter! However, I am going to take advantage of this and do some snow dyeing. I need some backing fabric for my marsh pieces - I will use some new dyes in marshy colors. This is my usual bookkeeping job day, but the snow changed that. So I get to play. Woo Hoo! I hope I'll have photos in a day or two of newly dyed fabric.

The other news of the weekend is that my oldest grandson just bought his first car. Oh, how time flies - wasn't he just putting legos together and playing little league!!!! He's a good guy and I am happy for him making this step of independence.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment