Thursday, March 21, 2013

Ah, quilting weekend

I'm almost completely packed and hope to be on the road by 10 tomorrow morning. I will be working on the color wheel challenge for my art mini group. I was so lucky -- not -- to work with red orange. Not a color I usually work with, but I did have some in my stash -- a good thing because all my favorite quilt shops had very little red orange fabric.

After I gathered them all, I realized that I had mostly dark and mediums -- only one light. So, I got out my fabric paints and created some textures that will look and act like lights.

Not only was the color a challenge to gather, but I could not come up with a design other than the traditional orange slice. I pulled out an old sketchbook and found two possible designs. Can't wait to get started tomorrow.

I've got my camera packed and hope to have some photos to share when I get back.

Where's your sketchbook? When did you last doodle in it?

Peace to you,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment