Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A bit of catch-up

First, apologies to anyone who has been disappointed in my lack of posts. No excuses, just busy and distracted.

This past weekend was Quilt Expo - the biennial show by the Baltimore Heritage Quilt Guild. There were over 300 quilts on display and a bunch of vendors (including my friend Alice and me with our hand dyed fabrics and stuff). As many of you know, staging such a show is a lot of work and organization - kudos to the Guild and particularly Cathy Kleeman, who is a wonder at organizing set up and take down.

Here's a photo of two of my quilts hanging. I received some great feedback on all five of my quilts. Alice and I did great - a lot of people took home some of our wares and we took home more money.


Going back a couple weeks, granddaughter Juliana turned 9. Her Grandmom Judy is a fantastic baker and always finds cake designs to thrill everyone. Juliana loves pandas. Here's her cake and then a photo of her just beaming.



Life is good. I am now trying to finish a couple charity things - a quilt for Linus and a 10 x 10" piece for our local arts council celebrating their 10th anniversary and then a color challenge for my mini-group. This weekend is the spring retreat for the Heritage Guild. Lots more lining up - busy, busy, busy - all good stuff. And the sun is shining today!!

Thanks for stopping by.
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment