Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Blue sky and cooler temps

inspire me to start new things. The cooler air is welcome after much heat lately.

Two weeks ago, I attended Quilting by the Lake and worked with Cynthia Corbin. I started 'knowing' just what I would do -- and we all know where that leads. The piece I thought I would finish is still in progress but needs a lot. I am focusing on a series about the coming together of ocean and beach. working with Cynthia resulted in a couple new piece getting started and a list of about ten ideas to pursue. This was a start:

that needed some images - here a sea gull laughing up into the sky. He needs stitching and maybe some paint for contrast.

I sketched a pelican numerous times for the sky, trying to find just the right size. Still needs work before I pull out fabrics.

I put all that aside and played with strips from my palette.

Combined some with small pieces from exercises during the week.

Then I wanted to create a mosaic type background.

At home, the heron image appeared. It's just paper at this point. The week since I got home from QBL got busy with helping with Four County's exhibit.

I love having ideas to play with.

Are you taking time to play?

Thanks for stopping by. Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment