Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sidetracked

by approaching deadlines. I've spent the last week or so working on items to sell at November's Mistletoe Mart. It's a big three day show here in my town of Westminster. Vendors have to be invited, then juried. So, my friend Alice and I will be selling lots of hand made and hand dyed items. While November seems far off, I gathered some discipline and got started on things. Started dyeing scarves and some fabrics that will be stamped, etc. next week. I like to dye a bunch of things at one time mainly because it takes over my apartment. Here's the view of things soaking in my bathtub (showers get challenging).


And the view in the kitchen. No way can I cook in the middle of this process.


Speaking of discipline, I just discovered a new flavor from Ben & Jerry's - pina colada! It took all my discipline to keep from eating the whole container. So good!!

You never know what will sell at an event. So I made some small bags and some covered journals - not hand dyes - just fabric from my stash.



While I know I need to get these things made, I really want to be working on the water and sand series. I may have to sneak in some time this week.

Thanks for stopping by and reading. Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment