Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Catching up

I'm not very faithful about blogging - I think about it often - sorry. Today is some catch-up posting.

I've been busy on the art front. A bit ago, I helped paint an 8' x 8' 'quilt block' for the Carroll County Arts Council. A total of ten were painted by other quilters and will be displayed on barns in the area. This is similar to the Barn Quilts in Garrett County, MD http://garrettbarnquilts.org/ and 30 other states. I helped create the crazy quilt design.


Been spending a lot of time decorating scarves for the show in November. I want to finish them so that I can sew again - I miss my Janome time. Here are some of the scarves I have been creating with stencils, stamps and other mark making tools. I love this stencil from Stencil Girl Products (an angel company).

 
I really like the shading in this one.


Here's a scarf that I made last year, but it did not sell. I added some textures to it and like it much better. Hope it goes home with someone.


I finished my birthday week by seeing The Butler. I highly recommend this movie. It is well done and Forrest Whittaker deserves an Oscar - as does the make-up artist - he and Oprah age decades in this film. The film depicted some of the worst ways people treat each other - still hard to see. I've been watching episodes on DVD of Downton Abbey - lots of class issues there as well. Food for thought.

One last thing. Sunday I met with my guild mini-group. Two members gave us a lesson in zentangle making. I can easily see why so many people love doing these. Here's the start of mine.

With all the other things I need to do right now, I have to put this aside. Time to focus.

Thanks for stopping by. I'll try to be more faithful in posting.
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment