Thursday, September 5, 2013

Continuing

the birthday happenings. Little things make life so wonderful. All we have to do is pay attention and savor them. Here's some from this week.

Walking into the room where I work one day a week and having everyone sing Happy Birthday.

Emails from friends and many quilters -- even one from someone I have no clue who they are -- that gave me a smile, as if there is an angel out there wishing me well.

Waking up on my birthday in a glorious state of calm and happiness, then finding out later that my Benedictine friends were praying for me at that exact time.

Laughing with my son during our second phone call yesterday when he realized that it was my birthday and had forgot to wish me HB earlier.

Getting an email tonight from a friend after several years of no contact, reading she got married in March and moved from GA to DC, closer. I hope we can connect in person soon.

And this beautiful weather has added to my joy - open windows, sunshine and cool nights.

Having my grands sing to me again yesterday and today.

The little things mean so much. Who sang that song?

What little things are you cherishing right now?

Thanks for letting me share my joys. Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment