Friday, November 27, 2015

Nos. 35 and 37 -- Decolourant

While cleaning up a mess of fabric, I found some pieces that I had dyed years ago - pieces just waiting for a bit of discharge. I used Decolourant gel on four pieces of dyed fabric. Only two were somewhat successful.

I used a bamboo stencil on the bottom and several texture 'stencils' on the top.

This has some promise for a small quilt.

This fabric began with a red and dark green surface. The Decolourant removed quite a bit of color, taking it down to the soft green shown here.

Hope you have had a lovely Thanksgiving and starting a relaxing weekend.

Thanks for stopping, Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment