Monday, November 16, 2015

Number 32

Sample Number 32 uses a technique I read about on And Then We Set It on Fire blog using cups, lids, etc. to create a bit more texture. I started with soda ash soaked fabric. I used some corks, a couple bottle lids and a couple small plastic containers and wrapped the wet fabric around each using rubber bands to hold the fabric over the objects. The fabric was placed in my dyeing colander and covered with ice. I sprinkled small bits of Dharma's #29 bright green and #22 cobalt blue dye on the ice, covered it with plastic wrap and waited til the ice melted. After rinsing and washing, this is what I found.


This photo shows an area that had been wrapped around a cork.


 Just having fun here in Westminster. Thanks for reading.
Karen

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen,
    I love what you're doing with your personal challenge. You were a lot wiser than I in opting for just 70 days. My 200 is a bit overwhelming - at times - but now that I'm halfway there, I think I can handle the next hundred. I use a similar colander to yours for my ice dyeing.....it seems to work well for the smaller pieces of fabric. I'm already trying to figure out what my next challenge will be....but it won't be a double challenge like this one! Thanks so much for your very nice comment on my blog.......it made me feel really good!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete