Saturday, August 4, 2012

A bit of catch-up

Summer has a way of getting away from me. Here it is August 4 already! I am excited that I will be leaving on vacation in ten days - I am going to visit my lifelong friend Linda and her family in Oregon. And I am taking ten days for this vacation, the first real vacation in a few years. I plan to spend a couple days at the ocean. Linda and I plan to take their camper and visit Crater Lake, the Lava Fields National Site and a few other volcanoe sites, and visit Sisters to check out quilt shops.

In the meantime, summer is in full bloom here. Temps near 100, humidity high and ants are visiting my kitchen. But I am ready for them. Those blocks of paper are filled with Terro ant stuff - it works - they come and eat and take the bait back to their nest. The rest is their history.

Yesterday I started some postcards using selvages. I will use lots of machine stitches to 'decorate' them today.

Here's a piece that is now on the design wall waiting for the next step. I started this at QSDS, using a photo as inspiration, and came home unsure of what was next. Here's its evolution:

Tried layers for the 'earth'.

Then went horizontal for a couple views.


Finally. Now I need to decide how to quilt it.

Well, that's a bit of catch-up. I need to get over to the sewing machine and play on those postcards. Hope you are staying out of the severe weather and enjoying summer.

Thanks for visiting and reading.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment