Sunday, July 29, 2012

Thought I did this already

Camp Mimi was successful once again. Abigail made the napkins and apron that were requested. We ate out twice, tried a new ice cream place in town, watched several movies and enjoyed our time together. And we got Sam the Singer repaired by the end of the week so it can soon go home with her.

She got to sew on all three machines this week. I rather think she enjoys my Janome Horizon the most, of course, and finished up the apron on that machine.



As with all sewists (I'm still not sold on that word), she learned to unstitch as well. I let her be the judge of how the apron was coming together. Several times, she was not pleased and got out the seam ripper.

She was pleased and proud of the finished project. I had won some of these fabrics at a recent guild meeting and was pleased to see them in use (I don't use a lot of flowers).

We ended our time together by enjoying the DVD of The Secret Life of Bees with my book group along with more ice cream! Quite nice.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment