Sunday, July 22, 2012

Camp Mimi

has officially begun. This is Abigail's time with me, an annual tradition since she was small. We play and get creative with whatever we want and just have fun. The tradition includes fudgesicles on the porch at night and usually a trip to a museum. This year includes some serious sewing instruction that will fulfill her home ec requirement as a home schooler.

So, we started with napkins using my 1963 Singer TouchNSew machine. This is the machine I had given her, but it seems that two years in an unheated garage took its toll. We fussed and fumed with it and then switched to my little Janome - I want her to use a machine that she can have at her house. Sam the Singer needs to visit the machine hospital and hopefully can be resusitated.

I must give Abigail lots of praise for sticking with it today. She was determined to finish six napkins and she did. Unlike some others, she did not give up or abandon the project - she decided she would win and be victorious.

The next project is an apron, easier fabric to sew with, but first we need a field trip for some fun.

Last week, I worked on a new tree piece and did some ice dyeing. The tree piece has some issues. I'll try to get some photos up tomorrow. Right now I need to finish dinner and feed us. The blue sky has returned and we need a walk.

There's always tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment