Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Life happens

I finally got back to my studio today after three days of full-time Mimi duty. Matthew, my oldest grandchild, was hospitalized for a serious case of pneumonia, so I was with his siblings during that time. He is now home and fever-free and continues to recuperate. Thank God.

I was able to get back to the rice cereal resists I started last week. I had put another layer of resist in a design on each and started a third piece with a more definite design. Today I painted all three and took advantage of the outside heat to help dry them. Then I soaked each separately in warm water and used a spatula to help scrape the resist off. Then, outside again to dry (I have these large thick bushes right outside my door - good drying spots). Here they are. I am pleased with the second and third. Good learning experience.



Friday, I hope to try out two new screens I have designed.

How wonderful it is to have a holiday to bring our attention to celebrating our freedom and heritage and counting our blessings. Happy Fourth of July to you.


Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment