Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The snow is over,

at least for a couple days. Our total was about 12", more than enough to need attention. The sun came out brightly and helped melt a bit where the plow guy had salted, so my car is ready to go.

I spend my snow days dyeing more fabric. Some pieces I hope to use in a quilt for a SAQA regional exhibit - they turned out close to what I wanted but will work. Then I took advantage of all this snow to try snow dyeing. Here's the set up. I piled the snow on and packed it down, then poured the dye concentrate on the snow and waited.


Here's the result, folded in half to show different parts.


It's okay. I definitely need to play more with this. I feel more confident with the ice dyeing technique. I've done more of that and feel I can control the colors more. I will think about

No comments:

Post a Comment