Saturday, December 31, 2011

Paperwork - arrghhhhh!

Well, it's actually it's electronic work now, but I did a mess of it this morning. Whew! I finished the contract for the ACC show and ordered my electric service for it and did some other administrative type stuff for this show. Now I want to get back to making something. The holidays have distracted me from being in my studio. Now it's time to get going.

Today's morning pages were so helpful. I dumped some frustrations on the page and then started brainstorming, mostly asking myself what I wanted. My answers were all about making things. I need to be creating stuff in order to get my energy zooming. That may sound backwards, some people feel they need energy before they can get creative. But I have found that I cannot wait for that to happen -- I need to get moving and get involved in making something in my studio. Then I feel energized. So, morning pages once again got me back on course. Thanks again to Julia Cameron and The Artist's Way.

First, though, I want to get outside and take a walk. It's in the low 50's and mostly sunny today - such a treat for winter. I've been using a DVD for exercise inside lately, but I miss the sun on my face. So, off I go.

It's New Year's Eve and like so many folks, I'll think about making some kind of resolution. A friend of mine always chooses a theme for the next year. I guess mine might be about being more positive and more compassionate in our crazy world. Hard to come up with a word or theme that feels right. I'll ponder for now.

Happy New Year to you and yours. I hope that our world calms down in this coming year and that we will see positive changes for so many who are struggling. Peace and hugs, Karen

1 comment:

  1. The need to create...that is the force that drives most of us. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete