Saturday, December 17, 2011

Progress

Finally, some progress. I just finished the fifth shoulder bag. I always forget that these things take longer than I think they will. So, I am happy that five are ready for the big show. Here are some photos ...



This is what I call my crazy quilt design. It's made of layers of fabrics, all fused down, then stitched like crazy. I love using the stitches on my machine to decorate these.




This is a nice applique (machine, of course) bag. The opposite side has a fish design.









This last one uses layers to create a landscape of sorts.
I guess I'll start another. Maybe I'll use some of these batiks I've been collecting. It's a good evening to stay in. We are having some snow showers here and it's chilly out there, but cozy inside.

I want this week to go slowly, this last week of Advent. My devotion booklet this year has hope as its theme. With all that is going on in the larger world, we need hope and we need to be God's presence in this world for others, however we can do that. I hope you have time to ponder what this season means to you.

Blessings, Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment