Sunday, December 4, 2011

Some progress with a break for tea

The past few days have been busy - time in my studio and time for tea. Actually, tea was a lovely annual Christmas Tea at my daughter's church. Yummy scones with clotted cream and jam. Tea sandwiches. Tiny carrot cupcakes. And, of course, tea and cucumber sandwiches. This year was extra nice because Jessica, my daughter-in-law, sang several seasonal songs and led us in some carols. Jessica has a beautiful voice and was a gift for all of us. Susan, my daughter, gave a great introduction, pointing out that the rest of the family cannot carry a tune or stay on key - it's true, singers we are not and we all admire Jessica's talents. The tea was a nice break from work and a true blessing in this Advent season.

The previous few days have been fun and productive. I played with one of my fused pieces and now have two versions, each with different finishing touches.

First, it was horizontal with confetti. Hmmm.
















Then it became vertical with some skinny pieces.



I'll look at them for a couple days before I do the next thing.


Then I took a break from these color play blocks to start some crazy quilt fabric for some bags to sell at the show. I have made several bags of different sizes for myself using this method and constantly get admiring comments on them. So, I'll see if others want them. Here's side one.
Color play and Tea - a lovely start to a new week.
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment