Friday, December 2, 2011

So much fun

Oh what fun it is to play with fabric and try new things. I put together two pieces following Rayna Gillman's book - well, kinda followed. I'm not sure where either is going. I just have to go to the next chapter in her book. Both have promise. The first is using two of my hand dyed, stamped fabric from a workshop. I like what the turquoise is doing. The orange brightens it. This odd shape is inviting in a goofy way.
This strata (or is it stratum?-don't like that word) was put together by just pulling some strips from a drawer of scraps. I will chop it up and add some boundaries.
Today I plan to do some fusing to make some crazy quilt fabric that will become bags for the show.

It's a gorgeous day, not too cold yet and the sun is shining. My kind of day and a good day for a walk - to walk off some of those calories from all that good food last week.

Enjoy. Karen

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen, I am enjoying your blog. Looks like you are off to a good start on your fused blocks. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete