Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Number 33

For the last few days, I've just been coming home and dropping things. So, today I tackled and organized my chaos. Part of this was inventory-ing the quilts I have on hand to take to the ACC Show - 32 are finished! Hoo-ha.

Then I got to sew and put the binding on No. 33 - the small sunflowers. Here it is ...
To celebrate, I opened my thank-you gift from my son and daughter-in-law - deep dark chocolate. Her mother and I watched the children while Sean and Jessica went on a trip. Last night, they gave us a dinner and some yummy chocolate. Really gooooooooooooood!

Now it's time to begin a new piece. I just received Rayna Gillman's newest book, Create Your Own Free Form Quilts. I started reading it a few days ago and felt that I didn't have time to try new techniques; that I should FOCUS on the next ACC piece. I just love her methods and freedom of design. After sewing the binding on the sunflower, I realized that doing that inventory gave me time to play and try something new. As she suggests in the book, I pulled out three pieces of dyed and stamped fabric from a workshop and looked for some go-withs.
Next step -- cutting them up and playing. And I feel that this is play, not work. I'm excited to see what emerges. 

Is there something you need to do that will bring you freedom for something new? Hmmm.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment