Monday, November 7, 2011

Something old, something new

Every time I think I'm running out of ideas, something pops up. I have two large pieces that I want to start, but I'm not ready - a bit of fear about messing up these two gorgeous hunks of fabric. So, I procrastinated some more and woo hoo, this hummingbird appeared.
She's five or six years old now. She was one of a bunch of blocks that I intended to put together for a quilt for my bed. Didn't happen. I just kept moving the hanger holding them from closet to closet, saying one day - maybe. Lost interest in them. The other day I moved them again and the hummingbird called. So, she is becoming a nice little wall hanging. But, what to do, what to do, to make that happen? I pulled out some batiks (batiks always work for me) and started making wonky flying geese to become the border.

Hmm, these could play together nicely. Hope they can hang out til Wednesday. Tomorrow is Tuesday with the girls and then a guild meeting.

What's in your closet?

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment