Sunday, November 27, 2011

Fun, Food and Laughter

Thanksgiving weekend is one of my favorite things. This year, three dinners, time with my children and grands, lots of good food, lots of laughter, even a parade, and glorious weather. Three different desserts over the three days. And tonight, when I finally got home after working and a side trip to get some stuff for the ACC show booth, I ate my soup and the last of the desserts - a yummy black bottom cupcake. A good way to end the weekend.

I live on top of a big hill and overlook Westminster. Tonight I can see holiday lights twinkling in many areas, signalling the start of the holiday season. Fun. I wish folks would leave those lights up until the end of February to brighten winter's darkness.

I have a confession -- I was one of those nutty people shopping at midnight Thursday night. I must admit it was kinda fun. People were nice. There was lots of laughter amid the lines waiting for those bargains. I was amazed at the number of big screen TVs going out the door. I guess I thought everyone had one already. AND I actually went out again on Friday morning. AND I did my Amazon order last night. So, I am way ahead on my shopping. That's a relief because the countdown to the ACC show is below 90 days. So I have to get to work.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment