Sunday, November 13, 2011

Check one more off the to-do list

Well, it's almost finished. I just have to put the binding on this charming hummingbird and then it's ready for the show. Whew! The design is based on native American/First People of Canada/Inuit styles of drawing and painting animals and birds. It has a flavor of drawings from totem poles. The figure is broken into basic shapes within shapes. I have a pin that inspired this design. In native cultures, the hummingbird is a symbol of joy and healing.

The hummingbird was one of the blocks I did years ago for an autobiography quilt that never got made. My next small quilt is another of those blocks - a sunflower. Here's the beginning.

One more photo from my family. Last night was Matt's last football game. His team made it to the finals and came in fourth for the league. The best part was that he played in this game. Congrats, Matt.

I keep getting emails about November being gratitude month. I am certainly grateful for family and completed projects.

How about you?
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment