Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Computers, quilts and stitches

This morning was one of those 'technology stinks' days. My daughter's computer was giving her nasty messages about 'disk read errors'. That's not what you want to see. I heard some panic in her voice - there were no backup copies of all her files. I put on my old techie hat and went over to help. Somehow I got past the error screens and was able to copy what she needed. She home schools her children and a lot of her files were school related. A couple hours later, we had success and a full DVD. Panic was averted. Then I got back to my studio for some work.

I've been out for the past three days, but managed to sneak in some time on a couple pieces. One is playing nicely and the other is back on the wall. 

As I played with Sun Rise, I was taken over by a desire to do handwork, to put in quilting stitches by hand! Wow, what a surprise. People who know my quilting style might tell you I get a bit OCD about free motion quilting. I like lots of details and lots of thread in designs. So, here I am quilting one stitch at a time. A nice challenge. I like what's happening here. Who knows what else this quilt will ask for?
But I sure don't know what these 'blue spirits' want. I keep looking at them and nothing comes. I showed it to a friend who hesitated before saying anything - then said she wasn't sure what these things were -- bowling pins, coffins? So, it's back up on the wall .
Tomorrow I'm off to Delaware for a couple days to visit my friend Peg. We tend to sit and gab and watch a movie or two so I am taking two quilts to be bound and Sun Rise for more hand work. I may have to stop and get a fresh apple pie from Baugher's to add to our visit. Hmm.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment