Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Don't you just love these gourds? The middle one is know as a Mexican hat. Happy things for my table.
With thanks to Mary Lou Weidman, I recommend a very moving and inspiring video on gratitude ...
http://www.wimp.com/simplegratitude/. It's about 8 or 9 minutes long, but it has a lot to say.
I believe that every day needs time for gratitude. I begin and end my days by giving thanks to God for at least five things. Today began with gratitude for sunshine after several days of heavy rain and gray skies and that Bella is recovering from a long and difficult croup attack. I have found that focusing on being thankful lightens my mood and helps me get through dark times and moves me from negativity to a new view.
This morning, as I sit here typing, everywhere I look I see another thing that I am blessed with - flowers, photos of my family, these crazy bright gourds, books waiting to be read, a painting I did years ago that I love, the radio with shows for this day, a finished quilt, the next one in line to be sewn today, lots of bright fabrics, and the notes on my calendar for family dinners this week. Absolutely wonderful, make that wonder-filled.
I hope that your day and week and year are blessed. Check out that video - it could change your day. I give thanks for all of you who are sharing my journey.
Hugs to you, Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment