Thursday, November 17, 2011

Yikes - 98 days til the ACC Show

This countdown thing makes me nervous. How will I ever get everything done that I want to have done for the ACC Show in 98 days? And I sure don't have time for worrying or panic. It all will get done, maybe.

I have made progress this week. The hummingbird is complete and bound and actually hanging. I started working on the small sunflower wall hanging - put two borders on it and here I am testing the outer border ...
Today I put two pieces of fabric into ice dyes to be used for backings. I really like this process of dyeing fabric. It's pretty low tech and low effort AND since the fabric isn't sitting in the dye, the rinsing process takes a lot less time. Below is a photo of an ice dyed piece that will be the background for a field of sunflowers.
This weekend I have two workshops that I am leading. So, I won't have studio time until  Wednesday. Another YIKES! OK, I have to quit whining. Sorry about all that. All these things are great. I am very blessed to have work to do, to have this show to be in, to have workshops I can share with others, and to have three Thanksgiving dinners to look forward to.

Now, if I could only figure out how to make this blog work like other blogs, I'd be giggling all over myself.

One more photo of a really cool ice dyed fabric.

It reminds me of a spring garden.

Time to get back to work. Oh, this is really cool - tonight is the peak viewing time for the Leonid meteor shower AND the sky is clear. So, maybe I might see some dazzling meteorites flying through the sky.

What dazzles you?
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment