Friday, March 9, 2012

A bit of this, a bit of that

This is a bit of catch-up tonight. This week has been busy, car stuff, starting a retreat, sewing some angels, and just plain catching up on life stuff.

First, just a short bit ago, the moon rose. It was full last night, but clouds kept it out of sight. Tonight is clear and the moon rose like an orange ball on fire. As it rose above the horizon, it began to change color to its usual buttery yellow. So glad I got to see the orange. Just gorgeous! I always try to catch the full moon - there's a special energy around that rising.
A couple weeks ago, I blogged about an exhibit at our local arts council and promised I'd get back with photos of one artist's work. Here are two from Fernando Alvarez, an artist from Columbia. These are alive, vibrant and sensuous, just as he is. Enjoy. (The exhibit was at the Carroll County Arts Council.)



I've been shifting gears since the ACC show. As I get in this phase, I like to do fun things to recharge my energy and focus for new work. So, I pulled out Mary Lou Wiedman's latest book, Out of the Box with Easy Blocks, and made another cow and two angels. These will all go to Project Linus when complete. First, I need to embroider some eyes and a mouth on each, but wanted to share them today.



What helps you recharge your batteries?


Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment