Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Two more things

Spring has come early here in the Mid-Atlantic with temps in the 70's yesterday. Bella and I spent most of the day outside. She was thrilled to swing and go down her slide and just be outside. Then we got out the bubbles and she was sooooo happy. We blew bubbles for an hour, exhausting one container. Each time she filled the wand, she'd whisper to me 'a big one?' and puff away. She did not mind getting soaked from the drips at all. Life is good through the eyes and soul of a three-year-old! As I watched the bubbles float through the air, I starting thinking about how I could create that image with fabric. Maybe tulle or organza. Hmmm.

Spring also brought some good fortune for a local artist. While I was visiting the local arts council, a patron purchased Fernando Alvarez's onions (see an earlier post). I was so happy to see those luscious onions go to a new home. Happy for him.

What is spring saying to you?

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment