Saturday, March 17, 2012

a walk in the woods

Spring called me to go to the woods for a walk today. There's a county nature center close by that has several trails. On the way there, I passed many gardens full of daffodils and hyacinth and wild bright forsythia. I love forsythia that is wild, not trimmed and shaped like a boxwood. Its yellow screams 'notice me, it's spring again'!

As soon as I got out of my car, I could hear the peepers at the pond and even some bullfrogs wanting to be noticed. Peepers are small chorus frogs that get very noisy when the weather warms. I enjoy driving with the window open and smile with delight every time I hear their spring symphony.

The path still looked a lot like winter - very little new growth yet. I was struck by these leaves in one of the marsh areas.

On the way home, I stopped to buy some daffodils to bring that delightful yellow inside. They are just starting to open up very slowly.

Take time to feed your soul with the delights of spring and drink in the sunshine.


Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment