Friday, May 25, 2012

A diary quilt

I have almost finished the commission quilt made of Judie's father's shirts. I need to finish the quilting, mostly ditch-stitching, and then put the binding on it. Judie originally wanted this for a Christmas gift, but she is so excited about it, she won't wait. I've used the concepts in Mimi Dietrich's Diary Quilt book. The photo is a bit dark - the outer border is a nice dark green.

I have just a bit of time to work on it tomorrow, but then I need to pack for QSDS and leave on Sunday. I am excited about going there - it's my first time. A whole week about quilting! I think I am taking my laptop so I can blog a bit.

Karen

2 comments:

  1. Nice job! He was obviously a "plaid" man. I've never heard of a diary quilt. I guess I'll have to check out Mimi's book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right - he had to be a plaid kind of guy. It was nice that all the shirts I used were very high quality and ALL COTTON - no blends!

    ReplyDelete