Wednesday, May 30, 2012

QSDS Day 3

Today was half class, half bus trip. Our teacher, Cynthia Corbin, called the day "catch up" so we could finish what we had started before starting anything new. I decided to chop up the piece I had started yesterday and see if I could save it in any way. This is how I left it before the bus trip - kinda so-so.

The afternoon a trip to a museum in Zanesville,  OH, an exhibit in Delaware, OH, then an exhibit at the JCC in Columbus and making it back to the college just in time for dinner. We saw quilts at all three locations - I hesitate to post any without permission from the artist.

Zanesville is home to two pottery businesses that date to the 1800's: Roseville and Willard. The museum has quite a collection from both companies - things I have only seen on Antiques Roadshow. Here's a Roseville vase.

Zanesville was home to Charles Schulze and here's a tribute to his work.

On the way to Delaware,  we passed the Longaberger headquarters - a huge basket.

After dinner, I went back to whacking, chopping and sewing the piece from yesterday. I got to a 'finished' point and declared it done. Forgot to take my camera - so I'll do a photo tomorrow. Am I pleased? Well, hmmm, it's done. Tomorrow we start on our final project which I am still pondering.

Wonderful people here (aren't all quilters wonderful!). The weather has cooled and is pleasant. All around, a good week.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment