Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Another week has passed

and now I am home for a bit, time to sew and dye and stamp some new fabrics.

Last week I celebrated my birthday several times - with my family, with some dear friends over pizza, was serenaded by the Sisters when I went to work, and co-celebrated with another friend. I am blessed to have so many people who share my life.

The low point of the week was having to drop out of the local artists studio tour scheduled later this year. It's a long story that I cannot write about. I am saddened to leave this group of talented and good artists and sorry to lose the opportunity to share my work with others, but I had to do it.

So I got busy sewing and then went on a quilt retreat and lost myself in two projects. It is wonderful to be reminded that getting busy always helps me switch gears when I am down. I came home after making progress on those two pieces and almost finished one yesterday.

Enough of that stuff, here are a couple more photos from my Oregon trip.
Cinderella's coach along the road

Two of the Sisters mountains

Miles and miles of volcano remains from 5,000 years ago
More amazing volcano remains
 
I was enthralled with all the different landscapes and geological stuff that I saw in Oregon - so different from my Maryland home. More later.
 
Karen
 




No comments:

Post a Comment