Friday, September 21, 2012

Blessings, blessings, blessings

I'm taking a bit of a holiday at a favorite place, Chincoteague Island. I come here to be filled, to be amazed and to get some nature time. I took a long walk on the beach last night and spent time being grateful for all my blessings. Hugs and laughter on Wednesday with Bella. A visit with Mimi as she heals from knee surgery. A beautiful day for traveling. The beach. The ocean. Good health that lets me walk for a long time. So very much. And the sky, oh my ...

then a marvelous sunset ...


 
Just amazing gifts from God.

Aside from a delicious holiday, these days away give me time to work on some "big" stuff. Last week at our regional SAQA meeting, Leslie Riley was giving a talk on making time to make our art and answered a member's question by asking if
it fit her masterplan. Talk about a wake-up call! I woke up right away and realized how much I have been drifting in several areas of my life. I haven't had much focus for a while. This time last year, I began my get-ready-for-the-ACC-show project. After the show and my disappointment, I forgot to refocus, I forgot to get moving in any real way. My time at QSDS helped as I started several new pieces. But still, I wasn't with it. The funny thing is, I used to teach this stuff and encourage people to focus and to do what feeds their hearts and souls.

Sooooooooo, I am spending this time on two 'foci'. First, to do some mind mapping and brainstorming about a master plan. I just turned 67 (still young) and know that most of my years are done. So, what's next? Another funny thing, I read Mary Oliver's line "How do you plan to live your one wild and precious life?" every day and still have been drifting. So, time for some dreaming.

The second thing for this trip is to start Elizabeth Barton's class on Quilt University on Working in a Series. I have ideas for at least three series and hope to decide which to pursue.

And, of course, these days here offer beach time and marsh watching time - look for those herons and egrets.

Sometimes I seem to talk and write a lot. Thanks for reading and visiting again.

Do you have a master plan?

Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment