Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sunday night is here again

What happened to this past week? I feel like I just came home from Chincoteague and just started the QU class. And now I have to get ready for a new week.

Actually it's been a busy week but not quite as busy as I wanted. A lot of family things needed my time. Today is the birthday of my daughter and my son - they're not twins, just share a birthday. Friday was the birthday for my daughter-in-law and my youngest grandson. We all gathered Friday night to celebrate and eat a mixed dinner of beef brisket, veggies, mac and cheese (for the kiddos), salad -- and then steamed crabs for my daughter, son and I. All topped off with four flavors of ice cream.

I've spent some time working on Bella's birthday gift (in two weeks). She wants a mermaid outfit with a tail. I found a pattern and bought all the slippery fabric to create it and then got frustrated. This pattern is not very well written. I guess the pattern industry is taking shortcuts to save money. I have figured out how to do this, but I feel sorry for anyone who buys the pattern who has minimum sewing experience. I finished the top (it's in two pieces) and will start the bottom (skirt/tail) tonight. I know she will be thrilled to have a tail like all the mermaids in the movies.

Got to get working now. Thanks for stopping by.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment