Thursday, October 27, 2011

An ADD Day

Focus was elusive today. I kept jumping from project to project and finally decided to work on another thing hanging around for months. Having a large design wall is really great but things seem to grow on it. This is a good thing really since I have to make more stuff for the show in February.

Anyway, I made some progress on a piece currently named 'blue spirits' - not because they are sad or depressed but because I printed all these spirit figures in blues. Here's the start of it ...
But I could not leave it the way it was, so I cut some figures out and moved them around til I liked what I had and decided to put it together. The hardest thing I did all day was choose a backing fabric. You would think I'd have something in this stash, but it took forever. I blame it all on having an ADD day.

Tomorrow I have to clean this place. My friend Lynn is coming from WV to teach on Saturday and is staying with me. So I must dance with the vacuum and clear away debris so we can sit and talk. I hope I can get back to the 'blues'. Then I'll go to Matthew's homecoming football game and hope it doesn't snow. He's a senior and will be honored at half time for three years of football. Let's hope they win. Here's Matthew enjoying one of his favorite activities ...

Have a great Friday. Celebrate by hugging those around you. Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment