Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Back in The Studio

Back to work today and listening to the piece on the wall. Since that previous photo, I added a rising sun and stitched in 'rays'. Stepping back from it, I knew I had to do some things to give it pizzazz. First came the gold points using Shiva paintsticks. I thought I would add more gold in the next set of points using thread, but could not find the thread to match. So, I found my trusty brush and used silver fabric ink to fill in the second set of points. It's coming along. Not sure what's next. So, I'll play with another stamped fabric that's been on the design wall for a bit. Here's Sun Rise so far:

And a close-up of the top. As Bella, my three-year-old grand says, 'it's working'.
And here's Bella. She was a ballerina that day. Don't you wish you could wake up each day and decide who you might be for that day? It's too bad we can't remember what it was like to be 3.
Thanks for journeying with me. Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment