Monday, October 24, 2011

Mondays and Tuesdays are my days outside my studio, working and helping family. I try to stay present in those modes, but there is a part of me always drifting back to my studio and what I am doing next.

Over the weekend, I dyed two pieces of fabric using the ice dyeing technique. My apartment is compact and has carpeting almost everywhere. So I use the bathroom to set up the ice dyeing containers, close to the tub for dumping and rinsing. With ice dyeing, the fabric is placed on a rack in a container, covered with ice, sprinkled with a bit of dye powder and left to melt for 24 hours. As you can see here, the bathroom is pretty crowded, but the end result is worth it.

I'll take a photo of the end results later. In the meantime, I'm starting to ponder what the next step is on this piece (which has been hanging around for over a year).
But for now, I need to focus on Tuesdays with the girls. More tomorrow. Look for the sunshine. Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment