Friday, January 13, 2012

Details, details, details

When I first posted this finished quilt, I did not have a name and I forgot to post some close-up shots. I've named this Color Play - later it may become Color Play 1. Not very original, but it fits. While I was working on it, I referred to it as "Rayna #1" since it was the first piece I made using Rayna Gillman's book "Create Your Own Free-Form Quilts". Great book.


I had fun with FMQ, putting slightly different designs in the body and overlapping leaves in the border.


A couple years ago, I started using the same thread in the bobbin as I was using for FMQing on top. I like seeing a separate design on the back of a quilt. Some viewers of my quilts like that surprise on the back. Here's the back of Color Play.
Here's a close-up of the back quilting.  I like it.

Time to get back to work. I have two pieces I am working on and hope to have one ready to share later today.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment