Thursday, June 14, 2012

Another week going by already

After QSDS I put four projects to finish on the design wall and sat and looked at them, not quite knowing where to begin. I worked on building layers of earth for a tree-with-roots-showing piece. Time to build a sky - put up this hand dyed piece - not quite sure. Have to live with it a bit.

So, I tidied up a bit and came across a UFO that I quickly knew how to finish and did it! As I worked on it (those hoochy stars and geese from months ago), ideas began to sprout for the next steps on some of my QSDS beginnings. Lesson learned: never underestimate the power of a UFO. Here it is completed. It will  be a charity quilt.

As I flipped through a sketch book, a photo popped out that told me what to do with one of the QSDS pieces. The piece will be a tall piece with vertical 'stripes'. As I started fiddling with fabrics to try, it hit me that this is another piece about roots. I guess there's a theme or series happening here.

Fun to be working playing again and to have ideas flowing. I want to focus on playing and avoiding the w word - it grabs me in the wrong way lately.

Thanks for visiting. Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment