Friday, June 8, 2012

Back home

Busy week. Got home in good time on Monday, even got laundry done that day. It's always an adjustment getting back to the routine of home life after a conference. The conference was exactly what I needed on several levels - a creative whack on the head - time around so many creative people - time just to concentrate on my work - and most of all, finding my confidence again. I'm still pondering all that.

I have to share these photos of the sky on the drive home. I was driving across a mountain in Western Maryland and felt as if I was in the clouds. The sky was beautiful, the clouds almost surreal.

Actually these clouds stayed with us through Wednesday. Something about a cold front that came from the north with these puffy clouds so close to land -- at least that's what they felt like to me - I felt as if I could reach up and touch them. Nature is so wonderful.

Now that I am home and unpacked and reorganized (all that fabric had to be put away in some order), I put my unfinished pieces from QSDS on the design wall and was pleased to see that I actually have four I want to finish. The wall's a bit crowded, but makes me eager to get moving on these.

But first, some family time tomorrow, celebrating Matthew. And Judie is picking up her mom's quilt tomorrow - that could be a nice gift to give her mom on father's day - I'm sure some tears will flow. It's been nice to create that for them.

Time to crash right now. More tomorrow or Sunday.
Karen

1 comment:

  1. LOL, I took some pictures of those clouds too. They just seemed so amazing. And, of course, I'll bet while you were driving you were thinking of how many greys you'd need to reproduce them. I know I did.

    ReplyDelete