Saturday, February 18, 2012

More twinchies

I took some time this past week to play with more twinchies.
These were made from leftover pieces from the last shoulder bag I made for the show. I never thought I would be having fun with such small pieces, but I am. After I cut all the 2" squares, I had to put something together. This Kokopelli cloth jumped out and became the center. First, though, I bordered the image with a hand dyed orange piece. Then I arranged twinchies all around the image as a sort of frame and fused them down. Twinchies formed the next border with a bit more orange on the outside. I hope to have time to quilt and bind it tomorrow or Monday, then add it to my inventory.

Tomorrow we celebrate Abigail's 15th birthday. How did that happen? She is a delightful 15 year old. I am so happy to be her Mimi. Here she is with her cousins, Juliana and Bella - all three of my girls together.


Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment