Monday, February 27, 2012

The show is history

I woke up Friday morning with a great sense of relief  and excitement - the show was about to begin - at last. And now it is over. Lots of mixed emotions and just plain being tired.

If you have never been involved in having a booth at a craft show, I can tell you it is very little glamour and lots of hard work. But usually fun. It's been eight years since I stopped participating in the show circuit. This past weekend reminded me of the highs and lows. And now it is over.

Here are some photos of my booth in full regalia.




I am so thankful for all the help from family and friends and for all my friends who came to visit. Some former students and dear friends sent me some congratulatory flowers today - a bouquet of sunflowers and lovely purple somethings - a great contrast of colors. They know my love of purple.

How was the show, you may be asking after following me for months now? I had a lot of fun and talked to many, many people (lots of quilters). Compliments were shared freely and frequently. I felt a bit like Sally Field: "you like me". Sales, however, were low - some disappointment for me to process and just accept "it was what it was". And now it's over.

Time to rest a bit, get back to my usual routine and then pick up the unfinished projects and move forward. Thanks for following this journey.

Oh, I can check this off my bucket list and pick the next right thing. What are you moving toward?

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment